*For urgent and life-threatening health conditions OR if you are uncertain about the urgency of your condition, CALL your local emergency number*
Q: Can Porton Health help with a non-life-threatening health condition?
Q: How can I make the most of my appointment?
A: Here are just a few things that you can do to make your experience at our clinic as pleasant as possible:
- Book one appointment for each major concern. This will help ensure you receive the best care possible and ensures that your fellow patients are also seen in a timely manner.
- Contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to make your appointment for any reason.
- Let the receptionist know if you are having a medical emergency – we will ensure you are seen urgently
Q: Insurance coverage
A: If you have a valid MSP, your appointment will be free of charge – otherwise there is a fee. You can contact one of our Medical Office Assistants to discuss payment.
Q: Results, prescriptions, referrals, etc.
A: We require that you book an appointment to access test results, prescription renewals, or specialist referrals. These services can not be provided over the phone or by email – we apologize for the inconvenience.
Q: Are there any services Medical Services Plan does not pay for?
A: There are many services which are covered by MSP. However, MSP may not provide coverage for the following:
- Doctor’s notes
- Prescription drugs
- Preventive services and screening tests not supported by evidence of medical effectiveness (for example, routine annual “complete” physical examinations, whole body CT scans, prostate specific antigen (PSA) tests);
- medical examinations, certificates or tests required for:
- Driving a motor vehicle
- Life insurance
- School or university
- Recreational and sporting activities
- Immigration purposes
Q: Where is Porton Health available?
A: Porton Health is expanding services to countries in phases. We are presently in Canada and Nigeria, while we finalize services in the UK and South Africa.
Q: Can I use the Porton Health application to obtain an alternate opinion?
A: Yes, you can.
Q: How do I book an appointment?
A: New clients can sign-up to create an account. Existing clients can login to their account. From the account dashboard, navigate to the “Request Consult” tab, then search for a provider and request an appointment time that works for you.
Q: I can’t find a suitable provider. What now?
A: If you are unable to find a suitable provider, contact Porton Health via the “Contact Us” page and include your request in the message. We will recommend a suitable provider.
Q: Does Porton Health have an mobile app?
A: Yes, Porton Health has a mobile app that is compatible with iOS and Android devices.
Q: Is a provider available to talk to me as soon as I sign-up?
A: You must first book an appointment with an available provider.
Q: My video froze or did not load. What do I do?
A: It could be a connectivity issue. Check your internet connect. If the issue persists, please contact Porton Health or try using a different communication method (e.g. different device or phone call).
Q: My provider is unable to hear me but I can hear the provider. What do I do?
A: Check your microphone. Go to your device panel or settings to ensure your microphone is functional. If you still have issues, try a different communication method, reschedule your appointment, or in urgent matters, contact Porton Health.
Q: How do I tell if my web-browser is supported?
- Telehealth consults are covered differently by jurisdiction.
- If you are unsure of your coverage, Porton Health can inquire check with your health insurance provider.
- Regardless of insurance coverage or lack thereof, private payment options are always available.
- Health systems, practices and providers are able to set custom prices for non-covered telehealth services.
- Patients have the ability to review applicable fees and service prior to booking a consult and payments are processed directly on the platform once an appointment is confirmed.