HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices:
- Protecting the confidentiality of your information
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and its implementing regulations assist Porton Health in its commitment to protecting your health information.
- Porton Health fully complies with HIPAA’s privacy requirements. Any questions, concerns or additional information required relating to Porton Health’s privacy practice should be sent to our Privacy Officer.
Your rights under HIPAA:
- HIPAA provides rules regarding the way your health information is used and disclosed.
- It also requires that electronic records of health information are protected through special security measures.
- Some of the rights HIPAA gives to individuals include:
- Reviewing and getting a copy of health and billing information
- Asking to amend health and billing information
- Asking for restrictions on the use of health and billing information
- Asking for confidential communications
- Note: Porton Health will not directly respond to such requests, but may provide technical support to government agencies to fulfil the requests per the individual’s rights.